Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Jesus Sufi?The Festival of Lights

"And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East,
And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man.
She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art God-fearing.
He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.
She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste?
He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained."
The above quote sounds Coptic,or perhaps an early translation of Luke.It is not. It is from The Quran, 19:16-21.Yes, The Holy Quran.Perhaps if all of us found what UNITES us instead of divides, a slow understanding might emerge.
Tonight begins the celebration of Hanukkah ,the festival of lights. Our elder brothers celebrate once more their captivity ransomed by the Lord God.I wish blessings to all who celebrate this season.light upon light upon light.Cue Goethe.

No comments: