Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bach for the new Year

the New year is come, and with it more Bach.It's odd, as much as I love, for example,Coltrane, Duke Ellington, William Byrd,Monk,Bird,Dylan,The Beatles,Gospel,the Dead, Brian Wilson,Miles,Nusrat, Beethoven, I always fall back on JS Bach. I know little of music, but I do know what I like, and what I love. Listened to the Christmas Cantata and the Magnificat, now going through various versions of the Well tempered Clavier.Cliched as it may be, I love Gould's version best`.Till Felners' recent as well as Aldridge are both very very beautiful. Only Gregorian chant is equal in my heart to Bach,the way he makes everything sing,even silence.Don't feel like writing today, school starts again tomorrow, a sad day actually, the kids are gone,the Christmas lights go down,darkness is darker,somehow.I never look forward to the week after New Years,though i have some wonderful reading at hand, and the days will get longer,we will visit the folks in the countrysdie where there will be snow,etc.so we will have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: