Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What I believe

....I believe in love, as trite as that sounds. I believe that Jesus of Nazareth showed everyone how to live, and serve.I believe that there is no "correct" religion, that in the end, as our friends say"There Is No God But God."I believe in laughter,music,poetry,dancing,in loud happy neon colors to celebrate this passage,that the humble devotion of anyone trumps any "priestly " pronouncements, I believe that we in the West have lost our idea of the sacred,which explains "new age" philosophies. I believe any belief system that does not lead to service and helping anyone anywhere at any time is ultimately and simply fashion.I believe that the four great things America has given the word are:Jazz,Baseball, The constitution and Alcoholics Anonymous.I believe that everyone should be treated absolutely equal, for this is how the Creator made us, and that we should leave people the hell alone. I believe the last politician worth his salt who ran for president was George McGovern,and look what happened to him. I believe that we are all children of God, and that we are all bastards and God loves us anyway. and I believe that Grace Trumps[to quote Will D Campbell}I believe that we are simply stewards of this planet, and we better get our act together, and damned quick.And, I end where I began, Love and Mercy and Compassion conquer all...

No comments: