Monday, October 26, 2009

the church of money

I see where an old Espiscopal church is being converted into a shopping mall and restaurants on the lower east side. How absolutely perfect! Instead of a shelter for battered women, a half way house or something, you know, Christian, it is being converted to the true one and only american god, MONEY.Everything about this is so rotten, so obscene, I thought there would be a hue and cry,however, as we know, it does not work that way. I found this story, along with its "chic",ultra "hip" architect so repulsive I was beginning to gag.The business of america is business...recieved a "christian" catalogue in the mail on Thursday, offered were genuine crown of thorns for only 19.95. I kid you not.All I could think of was Clarence Jordan,and his comment on a preacher extolling his new 25000 dollars cross atop his church.Jordan said"brother you've been ripped off. Time was a Christian could get one of those for free." amen

No comments: