Tuesday, October 27, 2009

on the shoulders

these past years
now 27
i have
never
I hope
ignored denied
a single plea
for help
that I knew
sometimes
the codebook
is not at the ready
sentences are
cryptic
uneven
halting
the language of pain
spat through
yellowed teeth
from a bile
that is generations
long
deep
somehow
these old bastards
struck gold
shut up
long enough
for the
Master to whisper
harsh magic
then
through
non scientific trial and error
gave forth something
which allowed
people to stop
killing themselves and others

slowly

I cannot transmit this secret
as it were
any other way
save by living
oft times I wanted
to shout it in some poor fuckers
soul
just to stop their pain

so eviscerating
to try to help before
I am asked
and
of course
that simply doesn't work
I see them
though
those folks
who havent
didnt
make it
I know each time
someone falls it
diminishes all
and know that the priviledge
I have is
the gift to live
and each day
despite myself
i have to learn
to be more generous
more compassionate
more loving
in returning it
to it's source


No comments: